Is it the right time to sell?
Right time to sell your property
There is no question we are living through unprecedented times. Many homeowners we are currently speaking with have shown an interest in selling, however, they are very unsure of the current property market.
The purpose of this blog is to inform you about the results and buyer activity we have seen over the past few weeks, to help you feel more confident about moving forward, should you be looking to sell.
Even though we cannot predict the future, all of the signs that indicate we are leading in to a global recession is evident. The economy has taken a downturn, the stock market is unstable and there has been a drastic rise in unemployment. When we look back at history, previous downturns in Australia have primarily been financially-led, which is the significant differentiating factor. In light of that, there are a number of reasons why Australians shouldn’t expect to see house prices in freefall.
With all of that said, it can be very hard to move forward if you are not mentally or emotionally prepared. You may have been expecting to live out one more winter in your home or even the next summer. It is time to think rationally and weigh up the pros and cons of selling now.
Firstly you need to ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I in a financial position to keep my home?
- Will I still be in a stable financial position over the next 6 months to 2 years?
- Do I need to let go of an investment property to see me through?
- Would I be willing to sell now, if I could achieve a great result?
Now it is time to look at the pros and cons of selling now.
- There are fewer homes on the market, less competition, which will lead to higher offers.
- There are still buyers out there who have been looking for quite some time and need to purchase home.
- There are buyers who have just sold and need to purchase a home.
- The only people entering your home will be qualified buyers.
- When it is time to buy, you will get more for your money.
- You will not have to sell your home for less than today’s market value.
- You may experience feelings of uncertainty.
- You will have to act quickly to take advantage of the buyer activity.
We are here to help you work through this decision making process, and if the time is right, we can swiftly help you move forward and sell your home in a precautionary manner.
How can Besser + Co. help?
Because we have registered buyers seriously looking, we can match those buyers to sellers whose properties may not necessarily go through an open market approach. Realestate.com.au and other major websites are now offering vendors an ad that remains at the top of the page indefinitely during this tough period. This will allow for any hurdles that may leave your property on the market longer than expected without the need to pay for an upgrade.
This approach not only cuts the costs of selling but also allows us to only deal with SERIOUS & QUALIFIED buyers.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
If you are open to the above selling strategy with an agency whose goal is to help clients navigate this market and achieve a great result, then we would love the opportunity to meet with you.
We assure you that this is a GENUINE development in the current market and may only last for a short period.
Our consultation is obligation free and all discussions will be strictly confidential, and privacy assured. If you wish to find out more, please contact Dion Besser on 0412 556 443