The 20 most common maintenance issues you’ll face as a property investor
What are the most common maintenance issues that you deal with?
One of the key ingredients of a smoothly run investment property is having great tradespeople at your disposal. Having maintenance attended to quickly will stop small problems turning into costly issues and will also keep your tenants happy.
If you own an investment property, it’s important that you’re ready to deal with any problems that you could be faced with.
Here’s a list of the 20 most common maintenance issues you’re likely to face as a property investor:
- Faulty door locks
- Dripping taps or those that won’t turn off
- Leaking laundry and kitchen sinks
- Doors that don’t align in place as they tend to move
- Loose or broken door handles
- Leaking roofs
- A leaking hot water service
- There’s no hot water
- A blocked drain, blocked shower or blocked toilet
- Leaking shower roses or taps
- Power points and lights that are not working
- Ducted heating that only blows out cold air
- Broken down kitchen appliances
- Air conditioning that doesn’t work
- Curtains or blinds that are operating the way they are supposed to
- Carpets that are lifting and the joins or wearing in high traffic areas of the property
- Movement cracks in the ceiling or cornices
- A damaged letter box
- A remote control for the garage door that doesn’t work
- Overgrown shrubs, bushes and trees that need tending to.
Make sure you get the right tradespeople for the job and sit back and enjoy your investment as it continues to yield favourable returns.
Property Maintenance is always a concern for a Property Investor. We hope In this blog, you found the answer you were looking for. Keep exploring our blogs for more information.